Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Under the Sea (of yarn, that is!)

Asymmetrical Shell Scarf in Purple

My most favorite places I've been to involve a beach.  I love everything that has to do with water and the beach.  During family vacations, I would literally swim all day long.  I would only come back inside to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom.  That was unless there was some kind of storm or no one wanted to be out on the beach to watch me as a kid.  I remember one time I got burned so bad from the sun from swimming all day.  I remember putting on a lot of sunscreen that day but I must have forgotten to put it on early enough from the last application.  I was burned so bad that my skin turned brown and crispy.  It was so tight that it would split.  It was worth it to me at the time.  I still love swimming but don't often get to go.

Today I'd like to share with you the asymmetrical shell stitch.  It looks wonderful and is a breeze to make a scarf using the pattern.  I came across a neat video from Bethintx1 on YouTube.  She's the one who taught me how to make this beautiful scarf.  Even though I want to keep this scarf for myself, I think I should donate it.  I'll make a few more scarves so I can donate several at one time.  I'm not sure yet who to donate but I think someone else would love this.  I will post the tutorial I followed to make this in another post.

Asymmetrical Shell Scarf in Brown

The brown scarf is the first asymmetrical shell project I've done.  I used up a partial skein of some yarn someone gave to me.  The purple one I made on the way down to Kansas City.  My family, friends and I were all headed down to the Chiefs Packers game when I made it.  Too bad the Packers lost.  It was a lot of fun seeing part of downtown Kansas City at night.  It was almost like summer when we had made it down.  50 degrees f is almost shorts weather if you come down from the North!  

No comments:

Post a Comment